- "Oh. my. gosh! It's him!"
- ―Some geeky fangirl
Fangirls are highly active female (yes, oddly, female) Star Wars fans. Exceedingly rare, they somehow manage to take center stage in many Star Wars fan communities. Their appearance can range anywhere from androgynous, to average, to smokin' hot, the latter being the rarest variation. Like gamer girls, fangirls often have dark hair and/or glasses.
Common fangirl activities
A healthy collection of Star Wars merchandise is likely to litter the floor (and desk, and dresser, and bed) of a fangirl's personal quarters. Manga (womankind's answer to comic books) is likely to be the only literature that outnumbers Star Wars novels in a fangirl's collection, which never fails to feature The Courtship of Princess Leia and Tatooine Ghost. Action figures of personal crushes such as Commander Cody are often present, without regard to how he can be better than other clones when he is a clone and therefore identical to every other clone.
Fangirls are often frequent readers—and writers—of fanfiction. Typically these stories center on the romantic involvement of two characters that never paired up in the Star Wars galaxy. The fangirl's typical obsession with Obi-Wan Kenobi usually ties up half of each fantasy union, which may or may not involve the fangirl writer's self-based Mary Sue character.
Vastly outnumbered by fanboys, fangirls find themselves completely surrounded at Star Wars conventions. Exchanges of URLs, e-mail addresses, and Wookiepedia usernames are requested on a near-constant basis. However, fangirls may find some shelter at such events by hiding amidst a sea of fanboys' girlfriends.
Common fangirl crushes
- Han Solo, which goes without saying.
- Anakin Skywalker, (which won't do 'em any good, 'cause his entire ration of virility went to beget Luke and Leia).
- Lando Calrissian, he's a scoundrel, you'd like him.
- Chewbacca, for those women who get turned on by chest hair.
- Aayla Secura,
(Perveeeeerts! Wait, we can't call 'em that anymore? Bummer.)(Aww, how sweet!)
- Darth Vader, (which still won't do 'em any good, 'cause his *cough* applicable parts *cough* got burned to a crisp).
- R2-D2, women love toys too.
- And sometimes, for some reason, Jabba the Hutt.